January 3, 2019
There are many different ways you can use Litchfield’s services to search for and share information, to communicate with other people, and to create new content. When you share information with us, for example by creating a Litchfield Account, Litchfield has a duty and responsibility to keep private the information you share with us.
- What information Litchfield collects and why Litchfield collects information
- How Litchfield uses collected information
- Using information to provide better services and better experience for all website visitors and website users
We collect information in the following ways:
Information is acquired in a number of ways. For example, many of Litchfield’s products and services require submission of a registration, to sign up for a Litchfield account. When you sign up for a product or service Litchfield will collect your personal information, name, address, email, phone, and items you order.
How Litchfield uses information collected
Litchfield uses collected information to provide, maintain, protect, and improve products and services for Litchfield’s benefit and the benefit of website visitors. Litchfield may use this information to offer tailored content and new products Litchfield may release now and into the future.
Litchfield will never voluntarily share information with any third party unless as required by rule or law.
When any person contacts Litchfield from this website, Litchfield keeps a record of website communications to help solve any issues that arise. This collection of information shall occur based upon the rules and laws that govern Litchfield’s conduct. Subsequent to providing your personal identifiable information, Litchfield may use your email address to contact you to inform you about our services, to inform of product changes, to inform of product improvements, to inform of software updates, and to share with you information about new products and new services from time to time.
Transparency and choice
People have different privacy concerns. Litchfield’s goal is to be clear and certain about the information Litchfield collects and so that you can make meaningful choices whether or not to participate in this website experience.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use Litchfield’s services the stated goal is to provide you with access to your personal information upon request. If that information is inaccurate, you are welcome to contact Litchfield and to request your information be updated. You may also request Litchfield to delete your information. A deletion request will inactivate use of your information but we will preserve your information for any legitimate or lawful purpose.
Information Litchfield will share
Litchfield does not share personal information with any third-party company, organization, or individual.
For external processing
Litchfield shares personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Litchfield if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to meet any applicable rule, any applicable statute, to achieve any regulation, for legal process, or for any other enforceable, mandated, or order by any court of competent jurisdiction or by any agency of the state or federal government.
Enforce Litchfield’s Terms of Service
The information Litchfield obtains from any legitimate source can be used to assist Litchfield detect and prevent fraud. Information can also be utilized to improve security and to remedy technical issues. Information may be used to protect Litchfield suffering loss of right, power, privilege, and immunity as it relates to products, property, and safety of the management of Litchfield and persons acting on behalf of Litchfield including developers, designers, and host.
Litchfield works hard to protect Litchfield and our visitors and users from unauthorized access and unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information Litchfield obtains. In particular:
- Litchfield encrypts some information using SSL. Litchfield never collects customer credit card information. All customer credit card information is securely stored on an off-site SSL server managed by a world-class transaction firm performing billions of secure transactions each year and Litchfield never accesses or sees any consumer’s credit card information – ever!
- Litchfield, by and through its developers and host review information collected, stored, and processed and also consider the manner and methods of information storage to guard against unauthorized access to server storage systems.
- Litchfield restricts access to personal information to Litchfield employees, contractors, and agents. Information is on a need to know basis and only as needed to process information for Litchfield. These experts are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these strict and literal confidentiality obligations.
Compliance and cooperation with regulatory authorities
Litchfield works with appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that Litchfield can’t resolve with our users.